Thursday, November 29, 2012

Counting

I recently completed a book purge. Of my 2,700+ books, I culled about 350 from the herd. It is a good feeling. It is amazing what brutal honesty with one's self can accomplish.

Some books I got rid of because I can load them onto my kindle (i.e. classics).
Some books I got rid of because I was only keeping them to feel smart about myself.
Some books I got rid of because I've had them for 10 years and never read them.
Some books I got rid of because I will never read them again.
Some books I got rid of because they were dreadful and I'm sorry to have wasted time on them.
Some books I got rid of because they interested me once, but no longer.

I plan to distribute them to various persons in my know and a local shop for credit.

My husband warned me that just because I got rid of books does not mean I can buy more. Oh, silly man. Of course it does. I have room on the shelves now!

He never learns.

No comments:

Post a Comment