Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review: The Aboliton of Man by C.S. Lewis

Synopsis: "In Abolition of Man, C.S. Lewis sets out to persuade his audience of the important and relevance of universal values such as courage and honor in contemporary society. Both astonishing and prophetic, this book is one of the most debated of Lewis' extraordinary works." (from the back of the book)

Review: This is my second time reading this work. But since I can't recall the first time, it doesn't count. A friend and I read this together and discussed it in the end. I was thankful for this as Lewis, while precise and simple in his writing, is often expounding on large and complex ideas. I needed another mind to sort through it with me.
I agree with most of what Lewis says in this book. The idea that one can teach children to be responsible human with the basic values is absurd. I think, sadly, Lewis ideas, while sound, will never be accepted or embraced in our modern society. It's too archaic and therefore, condemn by the very people it would most benefit.

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: 0-06-065294-2
Date Finished: 3-31-2014
Pages: 111

No comments:

Post a Comment