Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Acquisition: Trip to Washington State

I recently visited Washington State, to see my Mama. It is from her that I inherited my love of books and reading. In fact, she read to me while pregnant (before it was popular). She always takes me to the best book stores when I visit. I pack light and save my money when I go. 

Here is my haul (Literally. I lugged this across an airport!)
Diary of an Old Soul by George MacDonald
Stories of God by Rainer Maria Rilke
The Journal of Brian Doyle: A Greenhorn on an Alaskan Whaling Ship. The Florence, 1874 by Jim Muphy (My Name is America Series)
A Journey to the New World: the Diary of Remember Patience Whipple, Mayflower 1620 by Kathryn Lasky (Dear America Series)
The Kill Order by James Dashney (The Maze Runner Series, Book 4)
Women of the Republic: Intellect and Ideology in Revolutionary America by Linda K. Kerber
Cadre One by Robert O'Riordan
Cadre Lucifer by Robert O'Riordan
The Girl, The Gold Watch & Everything by John D. MacDonald

Ballroom of the Skies by John D. MacDonald
The Purity Plot by E.E. “Doc” Smith (The Family D’Alebert Series, Book 6)
Planet of Treachery by E.E. “Doc” Smith (The Family D’Alebert Series, Book 7)
Gray Lensman by by E.E. “Doc” Smith
First Lensman by E.E. “Doc” Smith



Many of these are on my list. In fact, only the books by O'Riordan and the one about Women in the American Revolution wasn’t on the list. The rest are either precise books I wanted or authors I always consider. I exercised considerable self-control of which I am justifiably proud.

And there is always next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment