Monday, August 15, 2016

Readings on the American Revolution

During July, my goal was to read only books about the American Revolution. I read other books as well, which meant I didn't read as many on this subject as I planned.

Here is what I read:

Cast Two Shadows: The American Revolution in the South by Ann Rinaldi

The Spirit of 1776: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness During the American Revolution sel. by Peter Seymour

Patrick Henry's Comments on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness selected, arranged, and annotated by Michael Jesse Bennett

The Virginia Housewife or, Methodical Cook: A Facisimile of an Authentic Early American Cookbook by Mary Randolph

A People's History of the American Revolution by Ray Raphael (People's History Series by Howard Zinn)

Under God by Toby Mac and Michael Tait

Time Enough for Drums by Ann Rinaldi

The Journal of Major George Washington, Sent by the Hon. Robert Dinwiddie, Esq; His Majesty’s Lieutenant-Governor, and Commander In Chief Of Virginia, to the Commandant of the French Forces on Ohio. To Which Are Added, the Governor’s Letter, and a Translation of the French Officer’s Answer facsimile edition printed by Colonial Williamsburg

Come All You Brave Soldiers: Black in the Revolutionary War by Clinton Cox

Sea Road to Yorktown by Harvey Haislip

I read 9 total, which isn't many as I wanted, particularly non-fiction, but I'm pleased with my progress. And there is always next July.


August is a free-read month, but September and October is all Harry Potter, in preparation for our Harry Potter Themed Halloween Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment