Things We Learned by Reading This:
1. It is possible to have an anthology of poetry that actually includes authors from every continent and tradition and era.
2. I’m not a fan of medieval poetry. Or most of the modern poems
3. I adore Asian poetry, particularly Lady Ise and Izumi Shikibu
4. Ancient Sumerian poetry is worth reading.
5. This is a worth-while collection, excellent for any home library, and I would like to have a word with the person who tossed it on the junk heap my husband rescued it from.Note: This review is about the 1980 Edition
Bookmarks: 8 of 10
Year Published: 1980
Date Finished: 8-25-2016