Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution: The Slow Motion Exercise That Will Change Your Body in 30 Minutes a Week by Fredrick Hahn et. al.

Synopsis: Hahn, along with husband-and-wife physicians Michael and Mary Eades, wrote this book as a companion to their book Protein Power. They postulate that a low-impact weighting lifting program down in a precise manor (slow) for about 30 minutes a week as all the exercise you need (Assuming you aren't a couch potato, of course). The book is divided into two parts: why and how. The why is mostly lite science and the how is clear, carefully instructions with pictures.

Review: I picked this up because 1) I don't have time to exercise 60mins a day, 7 days a week and 2) I have damaged knee joints and can't do most of the recommended cardio exercises. Also, having a good experience with low-carb/high-protein diets, I was willing to read with an open mind.
First, what I liked: Hahn writes clearly and concise, albeit with some repetition. He lays out why he believes in this method with conviction and logic. The instructions for the exercises are clear and have pictures. He lists helpful diet hints, menus and such in the back along with a bibliography. He mixes his prose well with scientific facts, examples and reason.
Second, what I don't like: It seems to good to be true.
Now, I haven't tried his method yet on my best source for analysis - myself. I plan too start soon and then we shall see. Until then, I remain skeptical.

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None

Date Finished: 9-11-2011
Pages: 192

No comments:

Post a Comment