Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review: Racketty-Packetty House by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Synopsis: The story of how Queen Crosspatch and he band of faries rescue the Racketty-Packetty House and it's happy, delighfully carefree occupants form a terrible and unjust end!

Review: By the same author as The Little Princess and The Secret Garden, this is the darling little tale of the trials of the dolls who live in the Racketty-Packetty House. I had a dollhouse growing up and spent many hours lost in their world. And the idea that dolls move when people aren't looking -  well, I've always suspected them of such. The story was first published in 1906 and some of the language is from that era. My copy, printed in 1975, is illustrated in gorgeous color prints. I highly recommend and I can't wait to read this to my little girl!

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None

Date Finished: 3-31-2012
Pages: 62

1 comment:

  1. I love "A Little Princess" and "The Secret Garden", but I have never heard of this story; I will have to find it!

    Have you read any of her adult novels? I read "The Shuttle" when I was in high school and really liked it. I need to re-read it and see what it's like for me now.

    ReplyDelete