Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review: A Treasury of A.W. Tozer: A Collection of Tozer Favorites by A.W. Tozer

Synopsis: This outstanding selection of excerpts from the most popular books of A.W. Tozer includes favorite from The Knowledge of the Holy and The Divine Conquest. Each chapter in this collection of favorites reflects the genius of a pastor whose words continue to reach the hearts of Christians everywhere. (From the back of the book)

Review: Tozer has long been a favorite, since I first read his The Pursuit of God in 8th grade. When I saw this at a Thrift Store, I eager snatched it up. Simple and honest, Tozer does not mince words. He is not going to sugar-coat the truth or make is fluffy and happy and comfortable. He tells you the truth and always brings it back to Christ Jesus. I found much joy and much conviction in his words, and his instructions caused me to step back and examine many aspects of my relationship with Christ. I highly recommend this for Christians of any walk or creed.

Bookmarks: 8 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: 0-87509-176-8
Date Finished: 11-29-13
Pages: 296

No comments:

Post a Comment