Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: Persuasion by Jane Austen

Synopsis: Anne Eliot, seven and twenty, is haunted by the loss of Captain Wentworth, her true love, and the decision she made that drove him way. Now, eight years later, fate has brought them back together. Is this a second chance for both, or will she lose him again to the whims of persuasion? 

Review: This is my favorite Austen novel. It has more subtlety and quiet depth of emotion than her others. Anne is also my favorite character. I enjoyed hearing the audio version, read by Juliet Stevenson, who had the perfect grasp of Austen and her work. Highly recommend..

Note: Since this was an audio book, I chose to post the picture of my favorite movie version of Persuasion, with Amanda Roots as Anne and CiarĂ¡n Hinds as Captain Wentworth.

Bookmarks: 8 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: N/A
Year Published: 1818 (Audio Version 
Date Finished: 2-20-2016
Pages: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment