Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Ramble: Adjustments to my 2018 Reading Goals

I posted my 2018 Goals in Early January.

After some review and consideration, I'm adjusting my goals for the year:

TOTAL: 200

120 Books
80 Graphic Novels / Manga

Mini-Challenges have been revised to reflect this change.

Christian: 10+
  
Non-Fiction: 15+

- One on Evolution
- Three written by a Non-Western Author or Translated Work
- One Biography

Science Fiction / Fantasy: 30+

- Two from the Vorkosigan Saga by Lois MacMaster Bujold
- Three Grimdark Books
- Ten+ Vintage Sci-Fi (defined as printed before 1980) 
- One Anthology
- One Trilogy (Must Be a Complete Already-Owned Trilogy)
  
Classics / General Fiction: 20+

- One Persephone Book
- Two African-American Fiction
- Ten by Non-Western Authors or Translated Works

Young Adult / Children: 20+

- Five Newbery Books

- Two Classic (Published Pre-1950)
- No More Than Five Picture/Young Reader Books


In the Fall, I will write an update of these goals and add additional adjustments depending on my success.




No comments:

Post a Comment