Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ramble: Upcoming Book Sale

This weekend is the local library's semi-annual book sale. While it is nothing compared to the glorious booky Alachua County FoL Book Sale that I attended in Florida, it's descent (and less chaotic).

I always go armed with a list of wants. But given the nature of the sale, it's impossible to predict what I will find. Unless you want L. Ron Hubbard because you can ALWAYS find his book. Seriously. Does anyone keep their copy?

The only certain thing I find is classics. Because generations of high school students buy-read-trash their copy (and by trash I mean donate and by read I mean skim).

Even though I know this, I go with a list. A short list because most of my time is spent digging through stacks to see what's there. There are some I don't need to remind myself to grab (Lewis, Newbery, Fairy Tales) and some I buy I didn't know I wanted - but mostly, my list is to remind myself of the recommendations people give me that I want to try. Since it's arranged by author, so is my list.

I'm looking for:

Bessie Streeter Aldrich
Gini Andrews
Paul Bacigalupi
Ann Howard Creel (The Magic of Ordinary Days)
Rumer Godden
Elizabeth Goudge
Thomas Harding (Hardback copy of Far From the Maddening Crowd)
Elizabeth Jennings
Rebecca Kohn (The Gilded Chamber)
Mary Roberts Rhinehart
Booth Tarkington,
Patricia Wrede

What authors or books would you suggest I add?

No comments:

Post a Comment