Sunday, December 9, 2012

Review: Chicken Every Sunday: Life with Mother's Boarders by Rosemary Taylor

Synopsis: Rosemary's family lives in Tuscon, Arizona, one of the first families there. Her mother takes in boarders, teachers, tradesmen, salemens, couples on vacation or there for health reasons. This is a memoir of a lively family and their adventures.

Review: I'm not sure what attracted me to this book. I picked it up for pennies as a thrift store. It was charming, delightful and several times made me laugh aloud. I enjoyed the vignettes, the droll way Taylor spoke of her family and the cheery nature of the writing. I recommend this is anyone who enjoys memoirs from around the turn of the century.

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None

Date Finished: 12-4-2012
Pages: 307

No comments:

Post a Comment