Saturday, December 8, 2012

Review: Redwall by Brian Jacques

Synopsis:  Matthias, a young mouse, must rise above his fears and failures to save his friends at Redwall Abbey.  Cluny the Scourage, one of the most deliciously despicable rats of all time, is the villian. The unforgettable cast of supporting characters includes the stalwart badger Constance, an irrepressible hare named Basil Stag Hare, and the elderly wisemouse Brother Methuselah.
But most of all there is Matthias, seeking his true destiny in a journey that will lead through danger and despair to true wisdom. (from the back of the book)

Review: I've heard of this book for many years. I finally read my copy and was pleasently surprised. This was an excellent read, one I had trouble putting down. I might compare it to Lewis' Chroncles of Narnia. Worth reading if you find a copy.

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None

Date Finished: 11-29-12
Pages: 352

No comments:

Post a Comment