Friday, January 10, 2014

Review: The Journal of John Wesley ed. by Nehemiah Curnock

Synopsis: The annotated journal of John Wesley, covering nearly 50 years of traveling and preaching.

Review: First, I wasn't fond of the annotation. I felt there was much I was missing. However, this did give me an overview of Wesley's life, focusing on his traveling and preaching. Second, I know Wesley was a great man and highly used of God - but I have a feeling, from his journal, that I would NOT like him in person. He struck me as pompous and holier-than-thou. I download on my kindle a collection of his sermons. I also intend to find another edition of his journal, with the hope my first impression of his is wrong.

Bookmarks: 6.5 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: N/A
Published: 1963
Date Finished: 1-2-2014
Pages: 433

No comments:

Post a Comment