Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review: 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories ed. by Robert Weinberg, Stefan Dziemianowicz, & Martin H Greenberg

Synopsis: 100 short stories, none for than 5 pages long, center on the theme of Vampire. Tasty bite-sized morsels of prose, each devilish and chilling. But beware, not all vampires are shaped like bats and suck your blood!

Review: This is a clever little collection, although I admit, after a while, I was rather tired to the theme and ready to set the book down. That's what I get, I suppose, for trying to read all 100 in a weekend. Some stories where hum-drum, some clever, one was even funny. Only one, however, left a chill in my spine and a dread in my heart - The Witness by Mike Ashley. Creeping-ass story, if ever there was one.
Overall, this is a good collection of vampire tales, with a wide range of proses, style, story-lines and lore. I recommend to anyone interested in Vampires or the like. But don't try to read them all at once - it's gets a little tedious.

Bookmarks: 6 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: 1-5661-9558-6
Date Finished: 3-4-2014
Pages: 588

No comments:

Post a Comment