Sunday, January 10, 2016

Ramble: TBR

As of this second, I own 2433 books sitting on my shelf that need to be read. I say "as of this second" because I have 3 more books coming in the mail, and who knows what I'll find when I stop by the bookshop tomorrow.

I don't usually do TBR piles or lists. I pick what I want to read based on how feel at the moment. But given my goals, which are rather lofty, I can't be so whimsical. Also, I shuffled my shelves recently, and unearthed some fine tomes that I mean to read in the next few weeks. Here is what I plan:

Christian 

Hearing God: Developing a Conversational Relationship with God by Dallas Willard
The Great Omission: Reclaiming Jesus's Essential Teachings on Discipleship by Dallas Willard

The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life In God by Dallas Willard

Reflections on the Psalms by C. S. Lewis

Power for Living by Jamie Buckingham

Light Force: A Stirring Account of the Church Caught in the Middle East Crossfire by Brother Andrew

Can Man Live Without God? By Ravi Zacharias

The Lessons of Saint Francis: How to Bring Simplicity and Spirituality into Your Daily Life by John Michael Talbot

Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live. By David Platt

Science Fiction / Fantasy Series

The Damned Series by Alan Dean Foster (A Call to Arms, The False Mirror, The Spoils of War)

In the Time of the Six Sun Series by Thomas Harlan (Wasteland of Flint, House of Reeds, Land of the Dead)

The Tales of Lanen Kaelar by Elizabeth Kerner (Song in the Silence, The Lesser Kindred, Redeeming the Lost)

Other:

R.O.D.: Read or Die, Volumes 1-4 by Hideyuki Kurata (Author) and Shutaro Yamada (Illustrator)

R.O.D.: Read or Dream, Volumes 1-4 by Hideyuki Kurata (Author) and Shutaro Yamada (Illustrator)

Requiem of the Stars by Tracy Hickman

One Hundred Afghan Persian Proverbs by J. Christy Wilson

Sound the Bells, O Moon Arise: Pashto Proverbs and Folk Songs by J. Enevoldsen

This is what I'm set to read for the next span of time. I'm sure others shall come into the mix, and a few may leave. But this is a fine start and I've already started with this portion of the adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment