Thursday, January 8, 2015

Review: Grimm's Fairy Tales by Zenoscope - Volumes 8-14

Synopsis: Sela is still battling the Dark Horde. She travels through Myst, through Limbo, and back to the Nexus, who's inhabitants know it as Earth. Along the way, she loses her one true love, and friends, but regains her purpose.

Review: While I enjoy these stories, Volume 8-13, it wasn't until Volume 14 I felt like it was the old story, the ones I originally enjoyed. Too much angst and stupid "revenge-as-motivation" crap. I can't only handle that as a motivation for the bad guy some many times before it just become stupid. I also didn't enjoy how many times people died, only to "come back to life" a few pages later. It seemed ridiculous after a while. Overall, these didn't seem as good at Volumes 1-7, at least, not until Volume 14.

Bookmarks: 6 of 10

Awards: None:

ISBN: Multiple
Date Finished: 12-31-2014
Pages: Approx. 75 per Graphic Novel 

No comments:

Post a Comment