Sunday, January 11, 2015

Review: The Little Polar Bear by Hans de Beers (Japanese Translation)

Synopsis: It was a big day for Lars"-bigger than he imagined, in fact, as the polar bear cub gets separated from his father and embarks on a fanciful journey. (online description)

Review: I bought this book at a thrift store solely based on the pictures - mostly because the version I have is in Japanese. Not Japanese written in English letters. No, Japanese script. I'm not sure if that counts as having read the book - because I most certainly do not read Japanese. I looked up the book, and it's was originally published in Switzerland, in German. It's been translated into English, so I was able to read a synopsis. Lars the little polar bear gets separated from his father and travels to the jungle. I'm not sure about the other animals (the Hippo's name is Henry) but he does make it back to his father with the help of a Killer Whale. In English, I think this would be a delightful book, given how much I enjoyed just looking at the pictures. I like my Japanese copy, but I'm going to try to get my hands on an English one too!

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None (In English)

ISBN:978-0735840522
Date Finished: 1-9-2015
Pages: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment