Sunday, January 25, 2015

Review: The White Cliffs by Alice Duer Miller

Synopsis: A story, told in verse, about a young American girl travels to England and falls in love with a British noble. When World War I, the conflict tests their relationship and their future.

Review: I picked this up at bargain store ($1 for a bag of books) because it looked like a quick, light, read. I actually didn't realize it was fiction, and thought it was a memoir in verse. It was more powerful than I expect. Told in a variety of poetic styles (some poems are short, some long, some choppy, so fluid), the story goes through a lot of emotions in a few words. It's a powerful romance. I recommend.

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: N/A
Date Published: 1940
Date Finished: 1-19-2015
Pages: 70

No comments:

Post a Comment