Thursday, April 30, 2015

Ramble: Books on Tape

I drove nearly 1900 miles over this past week, two of those days, over 600+ miles. On the way down to Florida, I "read" Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone via book on CD. It was my first experience with an audio book. Oh, boy, did it make a difference. The trip went so fast. But I finished the book on the way down. So, I purchased The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. I own the book, and I wanted to listen to a book I own, so I could finish the book by the old-fashioned way, if needed. And listening to this book on the way home made the trip a quick as a blink.

While I don't plan to make a habit of listening to books during the normal day, for travel, I'm definitely going to "read" when I drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment