Thursday, August 20, 2015

Ramble: Update on Goals for the Year

As my August mini-challenge is going well, I thought it time to update on my Goals for the Year.

Evolution (5+): I completed On the Origin of the Species. It was painful. Next, Bates' The Darwin Reader. After, most likely something by Richard Dawkins. I'm finding this the hardest of the goals to accomplish. The books are dense and required study to do them justice. Not just because they are scientific in nature but because I don't agree with everything and I must sort out what I think is true and not true. Perhaps I should not have set the goal at 5, but I did and I will persevere! 

Economics and Finance (2+): Done! 

Memoir and Essay (2+): I started Beryl Markham's West with the Night. I haven't decided on the second book - probably the sequel to A Year in Provence. If the second is as enjoyable as the first, it should be a lovely read. 

Mystery and Horror (3+): I have two more to compete this challenge but I am waiting for October. October is the best month for scary stories!

Science Fiction (10+): Done! As of my last report, I only had 3 more to read. I read the Silence Leigh Trilogy, and the two Jade D'Arcy books. I also read Cybernetic Samurai by Victor Milan and The Martian by Andy Weir. Of course, I plan to read more. I have several recently acquired volumes, and a two trilogies I've want to complete. But this part of the goal is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment