Monday, August 24, 2015

Review: Grimm's Fairy Tales, Unleashed Volume #0 (Cover A) by Zenescope, et al (Graphic Novel)

Synopsis: A realm where a legion of monsters have been trapped for centuries...until now! Now our heroes will have to join forces with four, time-lost monster hunters against a threat whose power may be too powerful to defeat. Lucky for them they are about to get some help in the form of a powerful ally. The highborn Belinda! A shadow has fallen over the Grimm Universe and nothing will ever be the same as the terror of the Being is UNLEASHED on the Zenescope universe! (from the online description)

Review: This was okay. Not great. It brings together characters from multiple stories in the Grimm's Fairy Tale universe. As I have only read the base story, not the side ones, I should have found it confusing. But I didn't. It was just a mish-mash of people that didn't seem to stand out. I did enjoy the villain as he actually seemed to be able to live up his pompous bragging. But to be honest, I doubt I'll buy the second volume unless I find it for a very good price.

Bookmarks: 6 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: 978-1-939683-01-4
Date Finished: 8-15-2015
Pages: 168

No comments:

Post a Comment