Thursday, March 29, 2012

Review: The Greener Grass Conspiracy: Finding Contentment on Your Side of the Fence by Stephen Altrogge

Synopsis: Altrogge speaks to modern Christians who find themselves unhappy with life and the church. He moves through complaining, idolatry, covetousness and the idea that happiness out of God is not possible.

Review: A friend gave me this book in response to some struggles I've been having. It was light, easy-to-read, humorous and worth the time. Each chapter was short, complete and the questions at the end help solidify the message and make it relevant to the reader. As for the message itself, I liked what Altrogge said. My favorite idea was "complaining is blasphemy" - because by complaining, you are saying God isn't capable of giving you what you need, nor does He love you enough - which is a lie, because He gave His son to save us. This, for me, puts a new spin on complaining and makes it easier for me to shut my mouth when I feel the need to complain.

Bookmarks: 7 of 10

Awards: None

Date Finished: 3-25-2012
Pages: 144

No comments:

Post a Comment