Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Review: We All Went on Safari by Laurie Krebs and Julia Cairns

Synopsis: A children's picture book of a walk in the African plains. Teaches the reader counting in English and Swahili

Review: I loved this book and can't wait to read it to my child. The pictures are bright and fun, the words easy to read rhymes and the counting is the animals of the African plains. Each number is presented in English, with the Swahili translation. In the back are pages with the pronoucation and many facts about Tanzania, the Maasai People and Africa. Over all, I highly recommend this book to parents looking to open new world to their children.

Note: I meet the author at a writing conference. She is delightful, intelligent and wonderful to speak with. She has other books and intend to collect them. She even sighned my copy!

Bookmarks: 8 of 10

Awards: None

Date Finished: 2-25-12
Pages: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment