Saturday, February 1, 2014

Aquisitions: Birthday Booty

As usual, my dear husband took me on a shopping spree to Barnes and Noble for my Birthday. There is no limit other than what my good sense set (and it sets usually sets the limit at about $30).

I lucked out and B&N was having an after-Christmas sale - stacks of books for $2 each! Woohoo!

For $2 each, I bought:

Myth and Magic: The Art of John Howe by John Howe

Eyewitness to History: From Ancient Times to the Modern Era by National Geographic

The Bards of Bone Plain by Patricia A. McKillip

The only non-$2 book I bought was Andromeda's Fall by William Dietz.

Oh, and they had lots of non-book items for $2, so I got U.S. History Study Cards.

In addition to my birthday spree, I also used birthday gift money to buy several books I've wants.

Nancy Drew, books 5, 7 and 17 (I'm filling in my collection)

The Little Maid of Massachusetts Colony by Alice Turner Curtis (a new collection of vintage books about girls during the Revolutionary War that I'm collecting)

Zenoscope's Grimm Fairy Tales Present, Volumes 8-14

And a half-dozen Newbery Books I couldn't find anywhere else!

All and all, I scored rather well this birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment