Friday, February 14, 2014

Aquisitions: First Trip to a Local Church's Book Sale

There is a moderate sized church near us that has a book sale every year. Last year was the first time I learned about it, but I wasn't able to attend. This year, I made a point of going as early as I could.

I was rather worried about what sort of books I would find, being that it's a church. I expected piles of old hymnals and past-their-prime cheesy theology books. Instead, the entire fellowship hall was full of bright, modern, shiny volumes!


I spent $11 and this is what I got:
A Season of Advent Herbal Symbolism, Projects, Garden Designs and Recipes by Don Haynie
Fluffy and Baron by Laura Rankin
The Living Rain Forest: An Animal Alphabet by Paul Kratter
Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner
Black Livingstone: A True Tale of Adventure in the Nineteenth-Century Congo by Pagan Kennedy
Tobacco Coast: A Maritime History of Chesapeake Bay in the Colonial Age by Arthur Pierce Middleton
Oh, Ranger! True Stories from Our National Parks by Mark J. Saferstein
Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live. by David Platt   
First Family: Abigail and John Adams by Joseph J. Ellis
To Be a Slave by Julius Lester
Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds
World of Jesus, The: Making Sense of the People and Places of Jesus' Day by Dr. William H. Marty
The Portable Enlightenment Reader by Isaac Kramnick
 
I also purchase two books to turn in for credit, and a book called American Rifle, for a friend. Oh, and one about maps and cartography I haven't decided if I'm going to keep.

My favorite is Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner - I've been wanting this book for a while and I'm so excited to have found it for 50 cents!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment