Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Acquistions: The Book Haul, Part Two

My MO when I get large book hauls is to slowly go through the books, doing research on the book and author, and sorting the volumes into keep, sell, give, or donate piles.

I've only gone through a small part of the piles from this haul, but this is what I've found so far.

Inside a thin volume on the life of Queen Elizabeth, a picture of the Royal Family on VE Day, from the newspaper printed the second day.


A book of Hawaiian Flowers from 1947. The prints are stunning.



"Beautiful Joe" by Marshall Saunders. Extremely popular, the story of a dog who had his tail and ears cut off. He was rescued by caring family and given a home and life full of kindness and love. Saunders based this account on a true story, but told it from the dog's point of view. It was so powerful and popular, it gave rise to the modern movement against Animal Cruelty.


At least 70 Reader's Digest Condensed Books, which I don't want, but several have these lovely covers. I want to tear out the printed pages and insert lined blank ones and turn it into a journal or scrapbook.


After these lovely treasures, I'm excited to see what else I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment