Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Review: Justice Calling by Annie Bellet (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Series, Volume I)

Synopsis:Gamer. Nerd. Sorceress. Jade Crow lives a quiet life running her comic book and game store in Wylde, Idaho. After twenty-five years fleeing from a powerful sorcerer who wants to eat her heart and take her powers, quiet suits her just fine. Surrounded by friends who are even less human than she is, Jade figures she’s finally safe. As long as she doesn’t use her magic. When dark powers threaten her friends’ lives, a sexy shape-shifter enforcer shows up. He’s the shifter world’s judge, jury, and executioner rolled into one, and he thinks Jade is to blame. To clear her name, save her friends, and stop the villain, she’ll have to use her wits… and her sorceress powers. Except Jade knows that as soon as she does, a far deadlier nemesis awaits.

Review: I only picked this up (or, downloaded it, to be precise) because I play D&D and it was free. I read it will at the gym, huffing away on the elliptical.
To say I was surprised by the quality is an understatement. I actually LOST TRACK OF EXERCISING and ended up going for eight more minutes just so I could finish this book. The action, the plot, the characters - fantastic! I loved the world building, the idea of a tiger-shifter, a sorceress, and a game shop. It's a bit short, so it feels rushed at points, but overall, I rather enjoyed this story - enough that I bought (as in, paid real money) for Volume II. Read this. It's worth the time.

NOTE: This refers to the eBook, read on a Kindle.

Bookmarks: 8 of 10

Awards: None

ASIN: B00M9WCUOQ
Print Length: 152 Pages
File Size: 963 KB
Date Finished: 6-25-2015





No comments:

Post a Comment