Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Aquisitions: Loot from a First Time Visit to Used Book Store

We recently returned from a trip to Florida, to visit my Dad. Every time I've been down there, in the last few years, I've attempted to visit a used book shop I found near his house. But as it was always closed when I could go, I was constantly thwarted.

Until this time.

Black Sheep Books in Jacksonville, Florida was marvelous! I found far more books than I intended, and many more I was forced (by my dear Husband) to leave behind.

Here is what I purchased:

Battletech Books: I collect them, having played and greatly enjoyed the table-top game. They are rare in used shops, so you can imagine my happy dance to find this stack sitting in  pretty little row on the shelf. For the record, there are sixteen!



The Red Pyramid: The first book in the Eygptian Mythology series by Rick Riordain. Now, I just need to find the next two, in paperback and I'm set.



E.E. "Doc" Smith: Smith is an older author, from the 50s - 70s, and I greatly enjoy his science fiction works. He is another difficult author to find - people who own him tend to keep him - so I did a little jig when I saw these and snapped them up!



Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: I have most of the original 56 Nancy Drew - but not this one. And although this is from the second printing (where they condensed the stories slightly) I bought it anyway. And I found several Hardy Boys that I was missing, so now I have first 9, as well as a dozen or so more.


No comments:

Post a Comment