Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review: Christmas Stories ed. by Diana Secker Tesdell

Synopsis: A collection of stories revolving around Christmas. Each has a unique flavor, setting, moral and tone. The stories span authors from the past 200 years, including Dickens, Tolstoy, O'Henry etc.

Review: I read this just before Christmas because, well, obviously. I didn't like it. The stories seemed abnormally morose, as if the editor wanted us all depressed for the holidays. I can't recall one that I enjoyed. This is a shame. The book itself is handsome, small and solid, quite pretty. But the stories - eesh. I can handle poignant, bittersweet, even sad - but bleak and meloncholy? Not very Christmas-y to me.

Bookmarks: 4 of 10

Awards: None

Date Finished: 12-17-2012
Pages: 40o

No comments:

Post a Comment