Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review: You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be by Holley Gerth

Synopsis: With this heart-to-heart message, Holley Gerth invited you to embrace one very important truth - that you are already amazing. Like a trusted friend, Holley gently shows you how to forget the lies and expectations the world feeds you and instead believe that God loves you and has bigger plans for your life than you've even imagined. (from the back of the book)

Review: This was the book assigned to my Women's Group at Church. It's not a book I would choose myself, being that I generally eschew fluffy girly crap. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this book. While it had remnants to the girly-fluff, Gerth's advice was bold, honest, straightforward - and logical. Gerth speaks directly to the woman who has been bombarded by the lies our world tells about worth and value, helping her to understand our worth comes from God. This is an important lesson. The reason I gave it 6.5 instead of 7 was because of the lack of Bible. There was some, but I would have liked to see more. However, I would recommend this book to someone who is struggling with their self-worth and needs to be reminded who God thinks they are.

Bookmarks: 6.5 of 10

Awards: None

ISBN: 978-0-8007-2060-5
Date Finished: 11-6-2013
Pages: 219

No comments:

Post a Comment